People ask me pretty frequently about the Until Twilight corset. I’ve never published that pattern, but if you’ve got a good eye, you’ll notice it’s actually made from the bodice of the Get The Look dress – sort of tweaked and repurposed. Here are the 2 examples:
So to make it happen, you …
1. Take the 2 bodice pieces from ‘Get The look’ and tape them together, overlapping the seam allowances, to treat them as 1 piece.
2. You cut the back on the fold and cut the center front. This is basically the opposite of the directions on the pattern pieces. The reason is because you want the corset to open/close in front, and the original Get The Look pieces were designed to open/close in the back.
3. Because the corset is intented to lace-up and not overlap, you probably need to take off about an inch from the center of the back. However, this is a fiting issue – and the dolls vary, so if you’re making this for a specific doll, you might want to measure her waist, and do it to size. The dress back is hemmed under and overlaps with velcro, which again is unnecessary.
4. Cut out two pieces, a main fabric and a lining fabric. With the right sides together, sew them together on all edges except the center front. Clip the curves, turn right side out, and tuck/ fold in the center front edges and press. Top stitch around all the edges.
5. You can use an eyelet setter to punch the holes for the laces and apply the eyelets. I just use the eyelets found with scrapbook supplies. Nothing special.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions or comments…